A few days ago Rachel from RachelCorinne.com nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. This is a peer-to-peer award celebrating high quality content blogs. Having only just started up Your Travel Handbook earlier this year I really appreciate the support, so thank you so much! Please head on over to Rachel’s page and show some love.
For those that are not familiar, the rules of the Versatile Blogger Award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Link to the blog of the person who nominated you.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
With the shout out above, lets move onto seven facts about me:
- Even though I live in Australia which has some of the most amazing beaches, I’m not really a beach person. I would prefer to spend a day among the trees in the Perth Hills or having a picnic in one of our beautiful park lands. Having said that I do want to try and get to the beach more often this year.
- I actually started blogging a few years ago but it was just a general lifestyle blog with no clear direction or consistency. While I loved blogging, I just couldn’t find my groove so I gave up after a few months. It took me a few more years to work out that travel was the right niche for me.
- I love live music and often travel just so I can see a band play. In the past year alone I have seen The Killers, Beyonce & Jay-Z, Kendrick Lamar, Taylor Swift, Eminem, Fall Out Boy, Bloc Party, Queens of the Stone Age, The Wombats, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and Ball Park Music in their own headline shows and have been to two music festivals.
- I enjoy sewing, cross stitching, scrapbooking and other D.I.Y craft projects. I always make scrapbooks of our trips and I also sewed my own wedding dress. I used to run an Etsy store as well but I found it to be too time consuming.
- I have a degree in Environmental Science and post-graduate qualifications in Project Management and Health & Safety. I knew from a young age I wanted to have a career in a scientific field so I feel really fortunate to have been able to achieve that.
- My Myers-Briggs personality type is ISTJ, and while I don’t think you can rely on personality testing I do think it describes me pretty well. ISTJs are known for being logical, practical and sensible so you can see why I approach traveling in the same way!
- I am a firm believer that pineapple belongs on pizza.
And now finally, my 15 Nominations (in no particular order):
- Lauren Mai
- Nikki – The Smiling Food Journal
- Grace – Prayer and Passports
- Jo – Tea & Cake for the Soul
- Ashley – Sugi Says
- Anais – Anais N. Blog
- Holly – Holly Pocket Loves
- Wendy – Perth Travelers
- Kirstie – Kirstie in Progress
- Ashli – You, Me and Benny
- Lauren – Lauren’s Travel Adventures
- Bryan – ThatGuyBry
- Alicia – Alicia Overseas
- Ellie – Wandering Quinn
These are all bloggers who I think post really interesting work that you should go and check out. They are also quite active on social media so follow the links to their Instagram and Twitter and say hi!
Categories: About Me