In the past few months I have been lucky enough to be nominated by four awesome bloggers for the Sunshine Blogger award. Ashli from You, Me and Benny, Tinka from Little Tinkablee, Justin from Snapshots made Yesterday, and Hannah from Pages, Places & Plates – Thank you!! This award is about nominating other bloggers that inspire positivity, creativity and generally bring sunshine to the blogging world. What greater compliment is there than that!
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging sites.
- Answer the questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo on your site or your own post.
Because four nominations means 44 questions I haven’t answered them all or we would be here all day so here is a selection of 22 responses..
Are you an only child or do you have siblings?
I have one younger brother, and he is a writer.
Do you have pets? If so, explain!
Yes we have three cats and the only way to explain them is that you shouldn’t look at cat shelter websites because otherwise you will feel compelled to rescue them all! 😸
What’s your favorite place to go in the Summer?
I love to go for walks along the Swan River especially in the afternoon when there is a nice breeze.
What’s your favorite food?
Pizza is pretty much the best thing ever.
If you would only wear one thing forever what would it be?
My pyjamas of course! who wouldn’t?
If you could travel anywhere where would it be?
I already want to travel everywhere! On my radar at the moment is Edinburgh and Iceland next year and hopefully Japan shortly after. If we are going to get crazy and travel anywhere I think it would be pretty cool to get to the moon.
Top 3 bloggers that have helped you out the most?
There have been so many bloggers that have helped me get started on my blogging journey, I feel like picking 3 would not be fair to everyone else. If I had to pick 3 people that offer heaps of content for beginners and are really helpful on Twitter they would be @Lifeitornot, @Ruthinrevolt & @BGbloggers.
Favourite season of the year?
I used to say I loved winter but I swear each year gets colder and colder! I think I might prefer summer these days, or maybe I can meet in the middle and say spring or autumn..
Have you ever volunteered for anything?
I did a lot of volunteering during uni to gain work experience as an Environmental Officer. Some things I did were counting cockatoos nesting, creating interpretive signage for native vegetation and drafting a re-vegetation plan.
How long have you been blogging?
I have had this blog up and running since the start of the year, so nearly 6 months! However I have had other blogs in the past.
What one thing do you do that helps churn the blog mill?
I set aside time each weekend to try and get at least one post written so I know I always have something to go up. If I can write more then that is a bonus.
Have you ever published a post and deleted it later? If so, why?
I haven’t had to do this yet, I guess maybe if you change your mind on a topic you might want to take it down.
What one piece of advice would you give to someone who is thinking of starting a blog but had no idea where to start?
Just begin! Jump in and have some fun, and you figure out most of it along the way. You don’t have to make everything perfect at the start.
What is your favorite social media platform to use for your blog?
I love the social and supportive aspect of Twitter, and find I get the most interaction over there.
Do you read/show your blog to anyone before you post it?
No I just post it once I am ready.
If you were asked to set up a conference for bloggers, what location would you choose?
Wow there are so many awesome places to pick from. Maybe Honolulu or Las Vegas.. or I would say my hometown of Perth and then I can show everyone around.
Would you rather live in the country or the city?
I love the idea of living in the country, with peaceful mornings, lots of nature walks and nobody around, but I think I would have to live in the city as I need my shopping, coffee shops and concerts. Maybe living on a large property that is still close to a main city would be a nice balance.
What’s a hobby you don’t currently do but really want to take up?
I have never had a green thumb but I have recently started collecting succulent plants so I am hoping to get more into gardening.. or at least doing what I can to keep them alive!
If you could have any superpower what would it be and why?
Teleportation! So I could hop to any destination for the weekend and be back in time for work on Monday.
You’re moving house and have to choose between a ranch in the desert, an ice house in a snowy land, a treehouse in the jungle, or a bamboo hut on the beach. Which do you choose?
Wow they all sound amazing, I would probably pick a ranch in the desert or a hut on the beach.
What’s something you were absolutely obsessed with as a kid?
Like any girl that grew up in the 90s/00s I was obsessed with the Spice Girls.
And the ultimate debate… Pineapple on pizza?
YES and anyone who disagrees is wrong 😉
Now I nominate..
- Catriona from World Wide Footprints Blog (@catrionak08)
- Victoria from Doorways and Dresses (@doorwaysanddresses)
- Jess from Coffee and Corfu (@coffeeandcorfu)
- Vikki Lea from Lea Bella Blogs (@leabellablogs)
- Chloe from Anomalous Chloe (@anomalouschloe)
- Elle from Elle Louise (@elleloutravels)
- Jas from Jet Set with Jas (@jetsetwithjas)
- Laura from Laura Hammick Photography (@laurhammickphotography)
- Molly from Blondie Wanderlust Blog (@mollswooders)
- Laura from The Travels of Mrs. B (@thetravelsofmrsb)
- Geraldine from Geraldine Talks (@geraldine.talks)
- Where is the furthest you have been from home?
- What do you love about blogging?
- If you could be anyone else for one day who would you be and why?
- Where is your favourite place to visit in your hometown?
- What do you most often order for breakfast?
- Who is the first person you contact when you have exciting news or land in a new destination?
- What three things have brought you happiness lately?
- Do you follow any sports and if so what teams do you support?
- What is your favourite way to relax or chill out?
- Do you have any causes or charities that you are passionate about?
- What is your number one tip for other bloggers?
I hope you enjoyed this post and don’t forget to check out all the other bloggers listed here for some great content.
Categories: About Me